Lapis Lazuli is a mystical stone that is said to have existed "before time began", but its earthly history stretches back over 5000 years. Lapis was prized by ancient Egyptians who used it to make protective amulets as well as other talismans.
Lapis Lazuli is a combination of minerals, consisting primarily of Blue Lazurite, Calcite and Pyrite. Although the individual healing properties of each of these stones also apply to Lapis, this regal blue stone also carries its own unique vibration and healing properties.
Lapis Lazuli Healing Properties:
- Personal power
Lapis Lazuli: Stone of Awareness
On a spiritual level, Lapis Lazuli supports access to the ancient mysteries and esoteric wisdom. It is a “stone of awareness” that enhances the connection to one’s intuition and psychic ability. It facilitates spiritual journeying and brings personal and spiritual power, while it’s protective quality guards against psychic attack.
Lapis activates and energizes the throat and third eye chakras. The vibration of lapis is thought to clear these chakras and provide balance for the entire energy system. The healing benefits of Lapis Lazuli on the energy field are then felt in the physical body.
Lapis Lazuli Physical Healing Properties
- Soothes pain, especially headaches and migraines
- Treats disorders of the throat, bone marrow, thymus, immune system
- Soothes insomnia, depression, vertigo & dizziness
- Prevents & treats RNA/DNA damage, activates regeneration
- Aids in hearing loss
Suggested Uses for Lapis Lazuli:
- Place on the forehead to encourage insight, intuition and psychic awareness
- Wear or place near the throat to encourage truthful communication and confidence
Lapis Lazuli Associations:
- Archangels: Michael, Raziel, Zadkiel
- Chakras: Throat Chakra, Third Eye Chakra
- Essential Oils: PastTense, Deep Blue, Blue Tansy, DDR Prime
- Birthstone: September
- Zodiac: Sagittarius, Pisces
- Vibrates to the number 3
Crystal Healing References:
- Love is In the Earth Crystal & Mineral Encyclopedia by Melody
- The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall
- The Essential Crystal Handbook by Simon & Sue Lily
- Crystal Therapy by Doreen Virtue & Judith Lukomski